Pumpkin Mummy Mini Donuts are so yummy! I’ve already told you how much I love Fall and making Halloween treats. The sugar and spice and everything pumpkin fill the air. The cool crisp days and the first snow of the season. It’s currently snowing outside and this just makes me want to bake. It always does for some reason! Turn on the warm oven, nonchalantly measuring ingredients and mixing the batter while watching the snow gently falling on the ground…maybe licking the bowl and spatula! That’s always a must in my book! I just have to make sure at least some of it makes it to the oven! I’m sure some of you can relate.
Disclosure: Live Laugh Loving Life may be compensated in exchange by clicking on affiliate links and/or purchasing products from the links posted on this website.
These mini mummy pumpkin donuts are always a hit. Being bite size makes it perfect for popping one right after another into your mouth. They’re that delicious. And they’re extra cute, spooky cute! Make sure you make a lot of these yummy treats because they go fast! My family can clear the platter in 5 minutes!
To make these mummies, I use my go to recipe for pumpkin bread. My mom introduced me to this recipe and I have never looked for another. It makes delicious mini pumpkin donuts and I like to dress them up like mummies with a simple powdered sugar glaze.
I simply make the pumpkin bread recipe and use a donut maker. It’s like a waffle iron, but made to make donuts.
Purchase one below! I love it. It’s just so easy to use. Kids love them and they’re great for parties. So fun for year round food fun!
Fill the donut slots till the bottom half is full. Close the lid and wait for some cute little donuts to bake up. It doesn’t take but a minute or two. Little donut pans are also available. Just fill and bake in your oven.
Once your donuts are made and cool it’s time to ice them to look like mummies!
To make your glaze, simply add all your ingredients into a bowl and mix till incorporated. I first make it thinner to dip the donut. I like a white background, but you can totally skip this step if you don’t mind dark spots peeking through. Then add some more powdered sugar to my glaze to make it really thick. Next, put it into a pastry bag and cut a small hole at the end. Zig zag the bag over the donut to make it look like the linen that wraps a mummy. Color the rest of the icing to make the eyes. I prefer two tone eyes, so mix up two spooky colors.
If you’re not into pumpkin, these mini donuts can be made with just about any quick bread or cake recipe. Even use a boxed cake mix if you’re strapped for time. Make them your own! They’re so delicious and cute at the same time!
Make some spooky treats and let me know what you think!
Pumpkin Mummy Mini Donuts
These are the perfect Halloween treat for kids and adults alike. They’re fun, spooky and these mummies are so yummy!
- 1 2/3 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/3 Cup Butter Room Temperature
- 1 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Each Eggs
- 1 Cup Pumpkin
- 1/3 Cup Milk
1. In a mixing bowl cream butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
2. Add pumpkin and mix until incorporated.
3. Add all the dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg to the pumpkin mixture. Mix until just incorporated. Do not over mix.
4. Lastly, stream in the milk.
5. Fill the bottom slots of your donut maker and bake till golden brown. Usually takes 1-2 minutes depending on your donut maker. Or fill a donut pan and bake in the oven 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
This is a simple, all purpose glaze that's delicious to glaze any baked good.
- 4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Tbsp Vanilla
1. in a bowl add 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar, milk, and the vanilla. Mix until all ingredients are fully incorporated. Glaze your baked goods.
To Make the Mummy Donuts
1. Take your cooled donut and dip the top half of the donut into the glaze. If the glaze is too thick add some more milk to thin it out.
2. While they're setting add the last 1/2 cup of powdered sugar to your glaze and mix until it is a thick consistency.
3. Scoop into a piping bag and cut a small hole at the end. Zig zag back and forth over the donut to make the linen like lines on mummies.
4. With your remaining icing, divide into two bowls and color your two favorite colors and pipe eyeballs on your donuts. Pipe two larger dots for the eyes and smaller dot over to make the pupils.
5. Eat and enjoy your spooky treat!
Witching you a very Haunted Halloween!
916 total views, 2 views today