I absolutely love to workout! However, it comes to whether or not I actually have the time – which with two little ones three and under, it can be very hard to come by (I am sure most moms out there know). Naps are at different times, if there is any nap at all for my three year old, and by the time evening comes she can be super cranky. There is always somethings to do and my time seems to be scattered every which way. Working out can get pushed to the side pretty easily. I am sure a lot of you can relate!
To help me enjoy and fly thorough a workout, I love to listen to my favorite songs. My songs have a relatively common thread. They are all faster songs, I like to keep tempo with the song while running or using the elliptical, and all are pretty uplifting and positive, too, which I like. Some are dated songs that never get old to me and some are new. They all help me get and stay motivated to do my best. I just recently got back into the swing of working out regularly (which I love), but I have some huge goals I want to hit and that means that I need to make the most out of every minute I have. I will let you know what those are and how I am coming along in another post!
It was hard to pick just 10 because in reality there are probably 200 plus! …but below is my current top 10 favorite workout songs that I keep coming back to…
- Incredible / Celine Dion: You can never go wrong with Celine Dion! She is a staple in my music library, but I just love love love this song. It inspires me to work harder and longer… with thoughts in the back of my head that I want people to look at me and say she’s incredible!
- Sugar / Maroon 5: Just love this song!
- Hills and Valleys / Tauren Wells: This is a very positive song that’s new that I am not getting tired of.
- Happy / Pharrell Williams: This song is upbeat and happy – just as the song is titled, and an awesome song all around.
- Brother / Needtobreathe (Featuring Gavin DeGraw): These are two artists I love and this song featuring both is fantastic!
Preacher / OneRepublic: I came across this song on my Pandora station and I now keep coming back to it.
- I Believe in You / Michael Buble: I love anything by this guy and his new songs are just as awesome!
- Heartbeat / Carrie Underwood: Most songs by Carrie Underwood end up on my most played list, but I particularly like this one a lot.
- Gotta Get Thru This / Daniel Bedingfield: I played this song over and over and over and over in high school. I ran cross country and was also on the swim team. I really didn’t know what the song was about, but the line “I gotta get thru this” played over and over in my mind a zillion times and pushed me through my events. Still to this day, it is a great workout song for me!
- Something Just Like This / The Chainsmokers & Coldplay: When this song came out I instantly loved it.
These top 10 are some of my favorite songs that I’d love for you to checkout as well!
At first they will ask why, later they will ask how
2,040 total views, 2 views today